Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Digimon

Options
Michael629303
Michael629303 Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

What does every one think of Digimon. I think the concepts that they put in the game were great. I also had really like the show that they had.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I loved Digimon when I was a kid. I watched the anime, bought the toys, tried to played the card game (but the English version was borked by the localisers and everyone else played Pokémon), bought the digi-vices... I couldn't get enough.

When the third anime, Tamers, came out, I didn't like it because it made the previous anime seasons fictional in-universe. I dropped the franchise at that point, as I had moved onto other things.

In university, someone told me about Tamers and how good it was, and pointed out that the writer had written for some of my other favourite anime like Serial Experiments Lain, so I gave it another try. It is now my favourite series of Digimon and I strongly recommend it. It takes a bit to get going and gets very dark towards the end, though.

The Digimon World games are also very good but quite different from the Pokémon series. It focuses more on raising individual Digimon and their daily needs, where Pokémon is about catching a lot of Pokémon and raising a team.

I do recommend checking out the series if you haven't, rather than dismissing it as a Pokémon clone, which is unfair and nonsensical. If nothing else, it will give you more perspective on Pokémon and how it handles a related theme compared to its contemporaries.