Disparity & Disheartening

Opzioni

Pokémon TCG has taken great steps, backwards. I'm loosing not only many games but interest in it.

In the old game, after months of building up decks, scanning in hundreds of Codes, I was winning 7 out of 10 games. Moving to this new monstrosity, loosing all my custom decks, I now loose 7 out of 10 games! Why? The answer is simple to see:

1. I'm restarting with basic decks / some opponents have Advanced Custom Decks they managed to Import as they must have been warned, or accidentally found out about importing. This causes an "unbeatable" disparity; solution - create two Game sections, Import Players / New Players.
  2. A couple of "useless bits" were imported; e.g. Arceus Deck Box and Card Backs, but I lost HUNDREDS of useful Cards, V's and more. These "Level" freebies aren't much good and do not replace the losses. You may as well give away pictures of a $100 Bill. All glitter, no gold.
  3. Has the Time Limit increased? It seems that some players now spend so much time switching cards, then "wham!" game over. Fusion Strike is really boring - strategic or not. As for The Lost Zone... what zombie came up with that idea?!
  4. You may be bias, if you work for the firm. I'm a Pensioner, have been working with Computers since 1972. Programmed, plus many other things. I know when I see something that just slipped back into the Dark Ages, and this TCG is it. The original one was far, far better. I deeply regret switching now, propelled by the hype that drove it.
  5. There are, apart from the above, and "Go back! Start again!", a few other things that need fixing; e.g. * The [Done] button needs to be at eye-level, not over the opponent's Bench. On a big screen it's easy to miss it as you'll be checking out your own bench and cards. * That annoying beeping sound on Psychic Cards. * That annoying centre décor that we cannot get rid of; and "No" there is no Option in the Settings. * Lost Zone. * The inability to set-up a really powerful Deck when we lost hundreds of cards through the badly thought-out (or not thought out at all) Migration process. * Not being able to trade the useless cards in one's unused card section, or at least trade for imaginary coins or those silly purple things that are so ridiculously hard to get. * Playmat layout; cards get cut-off at bottom of screen, and to see card you have to click on it, and then wait for hi-res graphics to kick in so it can be read; and while you're looking at that, you can't see what the other player is doing. * I must mention again, the H-U-G-E disparity between those who have migrated their Decks, and those who, like me, lost them all.

before you shrug it off, just remember, most players have literally spend thousands of Dollars/Pounds/Yen or whatever, of "shiny cardboard"; to with, many people are now getting fed-up with not being able to complete said Shiny cardboard Sets either, so selling up and the price plummets like a stone. Your Ratings are going down like the Titanic. All in all, Pokémon has gone way to far backwards.

Mind that drop! 😳