Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Old forums

Options
clasingla
clasingla Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer

How was the old forum before I joined 1 month ago how active was it and what were people talking about I’m curious

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Quieter. Not as many threads. More prolific posters seem to have joined recently.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

The only profile pictures we used to have were this odd selection of Unite Pokemon in their holowear. I was campfire style wigglytuff, and it was kind of cute, but I am really glad that we got some new pictures, these ones are way better than the old ones.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Barely anything has changed other than more people being here. Before I joined in August, there was a poll feature and I don't really know when it was removed. There were different pfps (Unite avatars back then and a while later they were removed for the Kanto pictures we now have, and then Johto was added).

But basically the same kind of topics, just about whatever was new at the time instead of PLZA or BW3 (posts about the DLCs for example). And with much less brackets.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Right at the beginning there were a bunch of inappropriate threads, or threads that started out fine and then degraded, but thankfully the moderators took care of that 🙏

There were also teams, which was where you could join a clan of other ppl, but I’m not sure exactly how it worked because they too were inappropriate and so had to be removed.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 431 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Back in my day, there was nothing but people complaining about TPCGL.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

@Octowen Those teams sound kind of cool, but I'm not sure I understand how they would benefit us.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

Teams??????? That’s confusing

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Yeah I didn’t really understand much about teams either, they were already being disassembled when I joined (they still existed but you couldn’t actually join them). So I don’t think we’re really missing out on much. I think it was just one of those things where you could join/make one to feel like part of a group of like-minded ppl…but that’s really the feeling you get on this (and other) forum in general. So I’m not sad they’re gone.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

I didn't make an account until just recently but I was around for the beginning and it was much nicer, there weren't any brackets and everyone seemed much happier

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

wait sorry I meant to write more excited not happier