Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

WHY DOES EVERY DEVICE GET AS HOT AS THE FREAKING SUN WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF LOADING THIS GAME?!?

Hectic0Pride
Hectic0Pride Member Posts: 1
5 Agrees

Please optimize this game! There is no excuse for this level of bad performance! Every single device I load it on gets extremely hot within 1 minute and stays hot! Everyone knows about and talks about this issue. Why hasn’t it been addressed?

Comments

• darktainer001
    darktainer001 Member Posts: 85
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

thats a general problem my man.

i playing genshin impact same problem.

it just takes a lot of cpu (work memory, an process), thats what you are hearing.

it also depends what system you are using.

• darktainer001

from the moment you get a message (error computer/system is overloading) then you have really a problem and should quit immediatly!

• darktainer001

best advice is use an intel 7 or higher system for gaming

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees Name Dropper

Because it’s apparently not a big enough issue for TPCi to even consider fixing. And yes, this taking the permanent damage done to battery (and potential bodily harm dealt to ) and CPU caused by said overheating into consideration.

I stopped reading your posts once you mentioned Genshin Impact, that comparison is like putting a theme park go-kart next to a Formula 1 race car. Not only are the target demographics for both games different the system requirements for each game are completely different too. If Live’s dev team can’t make the game function safely with the specs that mid-level smartphones have then they need to scrap the current code and rework it.

Oh, and if an Intel i7 processor is needed to play Live “without issues” then my iPhone 14 Pro Max should be able to do that. But guess what? It also overheats and drains the battery when I play it.

• SarahMWright
    SarahMWright Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

This thing chugs harder than Warframe. The issue is kinda obvious, though. It's poorly optimized and was shoved out the door. Not much more I can think of there.

• SBR-Crash
    SBR-Crash Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 LOLs 10 Comments

I'm using a Samsung A52 which isn't good by any standard and I don't start warming up till game 5 and that's only if I keep my phone on charge, only issue I do have is the ridiculous battery drain

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees Name Dropper

I did some research on that phone mode and it’s functional with Live but the main issue I can see is the RAM, it can vary varies between 4 GBs and 8 GBs on the model.

• n00bl00d
    n00bl00d Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

I had the same problem, my laptop's cooling system is faulty and I'm using a cooling pad. But still my laptop overheats and shut down randomly during ranked battle.

My solution:

The game will be laggy and slow, but your laptop won't overheat and shut down. I use 50%, feel free to try a better number.

• TheKrempist
    TheKrempist Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

This game should not run hotter than an open world MMO game like Genshin Impact on max quality settings. Genshin runs cool on my Google Pixel 6 but this game melts it in minutes.

• Okrad
    Okrad Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

I played Legends of Runeterra for 2 years and never had this problems. The game need to be optimized, the need to remove some of the random animation. The big problem is they have speed up all the animations to make the game faster, but they removed nothing.