Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Too much battery drain

The power usage is ridiculous. I can only get a few matches in and my battery is spent. For instance I played 1 match before coming here and it drained 20% of my battery

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Not only drains fast but also gets very hot.

They should be able to improve that, this is a card game not some high graphically demanding top mobile game... My expectation is they will optimize it eventually, but now probably they have higher priority issues.

But since a road map it's not provided to the public, not really sure what are they prioritizing.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees Name Dropper

This has been a known problem for months, the staff doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it (or they can't for whatever reason).

In all honesty, it should be something that’s up there in terms of priority when battery overheating can actually damage peoples’ phones and potentially get the app removed from app stores.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

This has been a problem for months now...I'm not sure we're likely to see a fix for it anytime soon. The closest I can get to a less obscene battery drain is to have low power mode on, wifi only (data is NOT an option because it causes device heat even faster regardless of low power mode being enabled), and.....funnily enough, it seems to drain less when I don't have a charger plugged in. It can still actually charge while running the game, but it's much slower to charge, and never really reaches past 80%....

Okay, addendum as I'm writing this, I checked the battery statistics in my phone's settings and it specifically notes "audio" as the main thing the app is using. I already have the ringer (and by extension, external sound) off on my phone when I'm using it, but I'll try manually disabling the sound in-game and see if that makes any difference.

• Connordell11
    Connordell11 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

As much as i love this game i cant play it my phone battery was on 86% i had two games and it had dropped to 42% by the end of the last game yet i can play a game with much higher graphics and more features for the same amount of time and only lose 15%

• MauExe
    MauExe Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

September 2024 and still no fix, it could be the anti-cheat system.

Just take your time to disable permissions to camera because I noticed it activated it when I was having a match... I don't wanna be pessimistic, but it could be watching you... and your children ... and your dog ... and your pussy cat 😺

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

How would that work as an "anti-cheat system" @MauExe ?That makes no sense to me.

Knowing the gigantic amount of bugs the game has and had, the camera thing most likely it's another one to the list.