Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why is everyone so slow in this game?

Seriously!

Everyone's taking their sweet time flipping the coin at the start of a match, deciding whether or not they should go first, putting down their Basic's, selecting a prize, using their abilities, attacking!? I mean come on!

I know children also play this game, but are they so young that they're still learning how to read or what?

Comments

• Bol4Killer
    Bol4Killer Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

I have the feeling that, in addition to what you said, the game itself is slow. The effects, the readiness and the gameflow seems slow to me. Sometimes I try to quickly click on stuff and do my actions but it seems the game is not at the same pace. And I play on computer. My smatphone is not fast and the experience there is way poorer.

I hope many things change for the official release.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

the game is what's slow for me, that or I'm fast

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

yeah the animations are very long. some people play very slowly, and I think a big issue is lag/connection issues as well

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Yes, all the thing you mention make it slower and don't forget about the annoying drag & drop... in mobile app of course it's ok... but when playing with a mouse if we could simply click to select where things go like TCG Online did (or have both options) would help make the game play faster.

Drag multiple energies and multiple damages counters is notoriously slower with drag & drop plus in my experience may cause adicional miss plays. Even placing a Pokémon in the active spot sometimes with all the constante drag & drop makes me fail and have to repeat, basically it's a bad and slower user experience in desktop/mouse.

• sleer40k
    sleer40k Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees

I play slow.

Yeah I often have a second app or game with the tcg. Because it is just too boring to have every animation play out. So I just alt+tab whenever it is opponent's turn or their time to choose active pokemon and what not

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

The starting coin flip is always slow, btw. for whatever reason it always has a delay on actually doing the flip. it's very important we know the game is "flipping the coin" I guess

• Gryphon_31
    Gryphon_31 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Everything is so so slow. And drains my phone battery so much. Keep it simple, doesn't need flash. And why do we need to select the last winning cards if we have won the match. Should just be automatic.

• Kenowi
    Kenowi Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Name Dropper

People are not playing slow. The bugs often prevent the player from continuing. For example, often when I throw an item card, the cards I can select from are transparent and do not allow selecting. Next I have to wait till time of my turn ends. 😴

• Tarrabyte
    Tarrabyte Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

I've had some players are fast which means it's the players on my end, they really so flipping slow!

• zeroy524
    zeroy524 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Personally, I'm very slow so sorry for that :/

I know my cards and whatnot but I'm usually doing something else while at it. And sometimes, I just strategize really hard lol. Best wishes tho! I hope your next matches aren't as slow 🦥