Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon TCG Live was a big mistake

Options

I played Pokemon TCG with my sister as a kid and it was a lot of fun. During the pandemic, I got into the modern Pokemon TCG via Pokemon TCG Online. Though I never became a real competitive player, I became a pretty big fan, started watching streams and fan content and all that.

Thanks to Pokemon TCG Live, I can no longer enjoy playing the modern Pokemon TCG via online means. This is because of the absolutely unacceptable bugs that majorly affect gameplay. I have played less than 20 games and have already encountered major bugs, such as not being able to select Battle VIP Pass using Mew's Mysterious Tail (which is a big deal since that card makes a HUGE difference and can only be used on the first turn of the game!) and not being able to use Gardevoir ex's Psychic Embrace to attach to a Pokemon if that Pokemon was in the discard pile the same turn and was brought back with Miriam (which is obviously a huge deal because it means that you cannot make use of one of your attackers!).

These bugs have a big, BIG effect on gameplay. Mustering up the desire to keep playing is almost impossible because in a sense, I'm not really playing the Pokemon TCG. I'm playing a weirdly distorted version of it where there are hidden, unintentional, unknown "rules" that are caused by the glitches.

I simply don't have any faith in Pokemon TCG Live. Maybe it will somehow become WAY better and all the big glitches will be fixed, but I have NO reason to expect that to happen. At this point, you honestly need to consider bringing Pokemon TCG Online back and simply add a crafting system to it.

There has been so much negative feedback for Pokemon TCG Live that it no longer makes sense to just keep going. Something BIG has to change.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

The thing is that we don't know the real reason they made the decision in the first place. It's possible that Dire Wolf chose to move on, meaning that bringing back PTCGO isn't an option at all. It might be this or nothing.

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

That doesn’t change the fact that the product is awful and embarrassing to say the least.

In one and a half years of development very little has changed. Some bugs that were present during closed beta still persist, we get 1 actual update a month if lucky.

It’s unacceptable.

• Rooknight611413
    Rooknight611413 Member Posts: 15
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Totally share the pain you feel Liam.

In modern, fast-paced PTCG, every finest detail counts. Any sort of gameplay glitch is absolutely intolerable. I have literally lost all games in which a bug occurred on my side, and the defeats weren't due to my bad play or luck before the incidents - they were exactly because of the bug, otherwise I would have certainly seal the victory or at least got my fair chance of winning.

The Devs simply need to put in much more effort when their silly codes are ruining our games so regularly, Period

• TechHog
    Options

Then pretend that it's nothing and stop playing. You're never going to get the daily updates you're looking for so it's best for you to move on because you don't contribute anything here.

• LightYearLiam
    LightYearLiam Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

Personally I have stopped playing, but there's nothing wrong with continuing the complaints. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but it's worth a try. It's unfortunately all we can really do to increase the possibility of someday having a usable client for the TCG.

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

Sure, just turn the other way!

Thank you for your amazing contribution!

Have a nice day.

• TechHog
    Options

You don't post anything constructive. You just make snarky remarks.