Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game freezing and no valid cards

I've come across these problems so many times now that I have to report these issues because these make the game pretty much unplayable.

First problem is when I use cards like VIP pass, ultra ball or any search card, the game says I have no valid cards and I can't choose anything. This has happened many times now and I've had to concede bunch of times just because I can't get any cards.

Also, even worse is that the game freezes a lot. This happens with the search cards but also randomly when I use any cards. The game doesn't close but me or my opponent can't do anything except use emotes or settings. This has happened in ranked and casual (standard and expanded both) and with many decks.

However, I haven't noticed these problems on the mobile version, just pc. Not sure why. I hope these issues get fixed fast because they make the game unplayable.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

This means that there's some kind of consistent connection issue between you and the server. I recommend opening command prompt, typing "ping google.com -t" and minimizing it for an hour. After that hour is done, stop it with Ctrl+C. If you dropped any packets, especially if it's 1% or more, you may need to contact your ISP. If there are no drops, the problem is on the server's end.

• MrJIW22
    MrJIW22 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I’m playing on iPhone and this is a constant problem for me as well I just started playing this game about a week ago, out of the the ranked battles, I’ve conceded 50-70% due to game freezing I’m on a 5g network, and have a strong Wi-Fi connection with no issues on any other game It’s hard to keep playing bc it happens on casual mode as well Any ideas/help would be appreciated