Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Timer ticking down when opponent choosing new active

jon11w
jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees First Anniversary 100 Comments 5 LOLs

I have just KO'd my opponent's active. They are in the process of choosing a new active Pokemon, but are not confirming their selection. They are not being timed out of this selection and my timer is ticking down, meaning that they are effectively holding me hostage. The patch notes for 1.1.0 say the following, which would indicate that this should have been fixed:

• Player's match time no longer counts down when the opponent is making a selection.

As it stands, the timer has been counting for over 4 minutes and my opponent has not made their selection, and their turn hasn't been forcibly ended.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

It wasn't fixed. Either they didn't properly test a lot of the fixes, or they flat-out lied to fill out the patch notes. I think it's the former though; they are doing testing on some low-load server that doesn't have sync problems like the live ones, most likely.

• Eliotcaleb
    Eliotcaleb Member Posts: 0

Not fixed yet. It happens to me from time to time

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees First Anniversary 100 Comments 5 LOLs

Further to this, I let the timer tick down to 0 seconds and the match didn't end, so I would suggest that the following point from the patch notes also hasn't been successfully fixed

• Matches now properly conclude when either player's match time runs out.

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

I ran into this bug too.

I was playing a deck with hisuian heavy ball which other people have reported is causing this issue.

• Mod_haruichii
    Mod_haruichii Member Posts: 31
    5 Likes First Comment First Answer Photogenic

Hey Trainers! Thanks for the feedback on this issue. Since this is a well know issue I'll escalate it to priority so the development team can work to fix this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, please let me know if any of you have any other issues on this topic!