Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

iOS version battery and heat issues

Comments

• Loveless717
    Loveless717 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Having same overheating and battery draining. Very frustrating I have to charge constantly or lag from overheating, not to mention ware on the phone.

ongoing issues and no one from Pokemon is saying anything or suggestion it’s getting fixed. Not like we can play “Online” because “Live” wanted to mitigate, not to mention online was barely playable but at least you could play a game.

• Diff_Mann
    Diff_Mann Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

• Diff_Mann
    Diff_Mann Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Pokemon Dev Team

I have a brand new iPhone 14 and my battery drains significantly within 15mins of playing the game, it also makes my phone overheat to the point it’s burning my hands. Why is this the only game and application on my phone this doing this?? What are you going to do about this? If you are going to spend time and resources in shutting down tcgo and then put all efforts into fixing this issue on TCG live, fix this battery drain overheat issue which is affecting all mobile devices.

What a disappointment please fix asap if you want players to return to the mobile app.

• Frade
    Frade Member Posts: 12
    First Answer 10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

The dev team seems completely disinterested in this. I sent them a bug report, with links to all of the forum posts (including this one), and they only said to restart my device and reinstall the app etc.

• djchicoz
    djchicoz Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary First Comment

It’s ridiculous at this point. I don’t know why this post doesn’t get more traction in the community.

• rtype220
    rtype220 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

I want to play but I'm not going to damage for phone and my battery as a result. I just don't get this team I have no idea what they are doing.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

This is still an ongoing issue as of the latest update. The deck editor and shop in particular seem to cause overheat much faster.

• 4shtonButcher
    4shtonButcher Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited May 2023 #30

I finally migrated today but am wondering how much I will actually get to enjoy PTCG moving forward. The battery drain on my iPhone 13 Pro is similar or worse than Pokémon GO on release on a a cheap Chinese phone. This is ridiculous!

For me personally it’s really sad as I hardly play games anymore but PTCG is such a nice nostalgia thing and used to be easy to do once in a while. I can live with using phone instead of tablet if they refuse to optimise the UI for larger screens but the battery drain prevents me from even considering it on the go.

• Tidget
    Tidget Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Been a collector for years and finally decided to play the TCG on my phone.

I have a brand new iPhone 14 pro, just played a game against the AI (tested a deck) and my phone is sooo hot to the touch and my battery has gone from 73% to currently 40%

my brand new phone hasn’t had a single issue with battery at all and no other app does this?

I can’t keep playing if it’s going to be like this?…