Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Would it be worth it for me to spend 8000 credits to complete this battle pass before SV?

Options

So I'm a bit late to the TCGL train, I just migrated a few days ago. I was able to use a bunch of my extra "junk" booster codes before migrating and ended up with the 12 400 crystals. I have played many games on here but found that it is not possible for me to get in that many levels on the battlepass before it expires. I am currently level 4 on the battle pass, and realize that by spending 1800 for the premium pass with 15 level skips, plus 6200 credits to skip the rest of the tiers, that I can max it out with a couple thousand credits left over for the next battle pass + packs. I would essentially be spending 8000 crystals to get around 30 packs, as well as the premium awards like the mew VMAX deck, (I only started playing TCGO a few months ago so I do not have a lot of these cards either). I know that typically in video games people don't spend currency to skip through battle passes and that everyone else who joined earlier is getting these rewards for free, but the value doesn't seem bad to me and I am wondering if you guys think its worth it for me to do this or if I'm scamming myself? Thanks.

Best Answer

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

The math is around the same value if we consider all the other stuff you get from BP until level 25, if you really want to play Mew and care that your cards should be shiny and rare, buying until level 25 is worth it. If you just want to play and dont care about collecting shiny cards then its better to buy Mew League Battle Deck twice, or turn your crystals into credits by using aforementioned methods to make other decks. Though I would suggest waiting until rotation if you choose to craft a deck of your own because we are getting new free decks and they may contain cards that you wouldve crafted and wasted credits on.

Answers

• kot123456
    Options

Its never worth buying battle pass levels unless you really want the decklists at level 25, the most efficient way of turning crystals into credits (currency you use to craft cards) is buying the Shadow Rider League Battle deck or buying Celebrations packs. Even if youre going to play casually buying the premium track of battle pass is worth it, though buying battle pass LEVELS is NOT worth it. Though its your crystals and I have no say on your game financial decisions.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

There's nothing of value at the end of the battle pass, i recommend saving your resources and follow kot's advice.

Maybe it's worthed to buy until level 25 if you want the mew deck, but you can also build the same deck by buying 2 Mew Vmax battle league decks from the store for 1250 crystals each, not sure which option is better.

• mecha-charizard
    mecha-charizard Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Thank you. Do you know around how fast can one expect to gain crystals through leveling up each week if you play decently often every day?

• kot123456
    Options

There is no reliable way of getting crystals other than the battle pass mission that gives 60 every day. That makes 420 a week, plus any that you may get from level up rewards, compensations (rare) and battle pass rewards. Dont expect to get more than 60 a day because even if you play alot every day it takes a while to reach high profile levels or battle pass levels without doing the missions, or if you get long games to give you more XP every match.

• Belguimmaster
    Belguimmaster Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Use the crystals you earn to buy a battle pass 600 crystals when you reach tier 50 you will earn back the 600 crystal and all the daily crystal's u get from the mission

Then don't forget you get crystals sometimes with ranking and leveling up

• Belguimmaster
    Options

How can you not reach tier 50

Still 9 weeks to go

Normally iff you do both daily missions and 3 4 battles (wining) a day and you gain a tier.

If u finish battle pass you have earned back 600 crystals for the next pass and dome extra's from the mission

9 weeks

7 days x 9=63 days

63 days x 60 crystals = 3780 crystals aks

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

The question was originally posted the day before the Battle Pass reset.

• Belguimmaster
    Options

Oh OK so you can count my reply for the new battle pas