Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

"No network connection could be found" when logging in on Desktop

Is anyone else running into this error when trying to login on Desktop? I have no issues logging in on mobile.

Comments

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary 5 Agrees

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still encountering the same issue.

• Darkrai377
    Darkrai377 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

yes. same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but still not working

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary 5 Agrees

I figured it out. The new version is causing problems with anti-virus software. You have to turn it off / add the game as an exception.

• Darkrai377
    First Comment

tried still not working for me :(

• Darkrai377
    First Comment

you were right after unistall avast the game start working. but i'ts not possible i have to unistall a program like avast to play

• Darkrai377
    First Comment

i also tried to create an exception with avast before unistall it

• heavyarms55
    heavyarms55 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I am having the same issue after the most recent update. It's absurd, it downloaded the update over the same internet it says it can no longer connect to. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I've deleted the appdata folder and restarted the PC more than once. I have confirmed it's not my anti-virus software. I know it's not my wi-fi connection, I can stream 4k video with ease. I've tried my usual internet and 2 other networks, our guest wifi and my mobile hotspot. And I can connect to the game on my phone, while using the same wifi network that my PC uses. Never had this problem before today's update. I even tried the "repair" option in windows.

This is not MY internet or MY PC - this is an issue with the game client. No other applications on my machine are having any issues. I can stream 4k video, play other games online, chat on Discord and heck I can do it all at the same time without straining the system. And I can do this while 4 other people in the house are also streaming 4K video on their devices. And yes, I've restarted my router too.

The only thing that has changed is the game client. The update is the only logical explanation. Something in the update today broke the desktop app.

• Doctor713
    Doctor713 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Sorry to necro an ancient thread but I am just now getting into PTCG Live and I can confirm that no matter what exception or allowed app I add, the ONLY solution I have found that works INSTANTLY is to "disable web shield" for 10 minutes (the lowest amount of time allowed) and then start PTCG Live. this will get it past no network connection and 6/41 and into the game. once the game is launched there are no issues even if you turn the web shield back on. it is something in step 6/41 that the web shield (on medium sensitivity or higher, haven't tested low) is blocking. you can disable and re-enable the web shield specifically by going Protection - Core Shields - and ticking the web shield toggle and selecting 10 minutes. Likely this is due to a networking configuration in the app or similar issues where since the game is sending/receiving data packets the web browser blocks it.