Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Sky Seal Stone Still Broken

I've used Sky Seal Stone and KO'd a Mew Vmax twice over two games now and only taken 3 prizes. Not sure if this is because of the Fusion Energy, but SSS is an effect on the player not the pokemon so FS energy shouldn't stop it.

Comments

• BunnySauce
    BunnySauce Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 Likes 5 Agrees

Just have to double check, are you using a basic Pokemon V to KO their VMAX?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited February 2023 #3

And also, did you make sure to use the ability before attacking? It doesn't just work on its own. You have to click on the Pokemon it's attached to and use the ability before you attack.

• Kaimengzhou
    Kaimengzhou Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

@BunnySauce I used the Drapion V, which is the basic pokemon and met the same situation. I also tested it on online and it works, I got 4 finally. Please check and fix it asap. Thx!

• Kaimengzhou
    Kaimengzhou Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

@BunnySauce I used the Drapion V, which is the basic pokemon and met the same situation. I also tested it on online and it works, I got 4 finally. Please check and fix it asap. Thx!

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Kaimengzhou That screenshot is pretty useless lol. But anyway, you definitely used the power before declaring the attack, right?

It's strange since I don't think that was the problem before. I think what might be happening is that Fusion Strike Energy is blocking the ability. Some of the devs seem to be inexperienced at the game, so it's entirely possible that they got the ruling wrong.

@TPCi_CursedSoup Just in case, it is understood that the ability on Sky Seal Stone is an effect on the player using the card and not on the Pokemon being attacked, right? That's the reason why Fusion Strike Energy is not supposed to block it.

• Hyperion924955
    Hyperion924955 Member Posts: 55
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary 10 Comments

Can confirm this has also happened to me to. A few days after it was unbanned. Have had the opportunity to use it only once since then and it worked fine though. And yes v star power was activated. Drapion into mew vmax.

• Minimimik
    Minimimik Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Can also confirm this has happened to me twice, once just now. I activate sky seal stone on Drapion V, the VSTAR icon on the side gets crossed out, I knock out a Mew VMAX, and it only gives me 3 prize cards. It is very odd, because I used a sky seal stone in the same situation shortly after it was unbanned and it worked as intended.