Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Amazing Yveltal didn't work against Flying Pikachu VMAX

When I attacked with Amazing Rare Yveltal into my opponents Flying Pikachu VMAX the attack didn't OHKO the opponent. Flying Pikachu VMAX's attack states "During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from Basic Pokemon." but Amazing Yveltal's attack isn't doing any damage, it's an effect. Pikachu's attack doesn't mention anything about effects so it should go through, but the game is bugged so it didn't count. Before you ask, no, the opponent didn't have a Big Parasol attached to it

Comments

• lil1337kid
    lil1337kid Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Which way is this suppose to work? I have been trying to figure this out because I want to know my options to counter flying pikachu vmax. If Pokemon live does not let the KO happen, is that a bug or the rules? is an instant KO an effect or an attack doing the exact damage to match the health of the opponents Pokemon? We need an official ruling on this lol.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@lil1337kid If we assume that the the attack used was Max Balloon, the official ruling is that the KO should have happened. However, if it actually used Memory Capsule to use Fly from the basic and flipped heads, then the KO would have been blocked.

• Walleytherobot
    Walleytherobot Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

I personally dislike flying pikachu v/vmax. So I hope to pull a Boss’s Orders if they have pokemon on the bench. If they don’t, I dont see a real way of beating that one pokemon. Flying Pikachu v/vmax alone could beat all decks solo. You could have just that one card and the rest be energy. Literally. You can try cards that have an effect saying something along the lines of this attack is unaffected by your opponents abilities but its not an ability, its an attack. So unless there is a card that has something to negate flying pikachu v/vmax’s attack, all I can say is good luck or just concede if you see it.

As of right now, any time I see that card I am straight conceding.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Walleytherobot There are plenty of attacks which ignore the effect. What deck are you running?

• pikalex93
    pikalex93 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment First Answer

Did they have an Espeon VMAX on their bench? Its ability would prevent amazing destructions ko.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

@TechHog, the battle was probably Lugia VSTAR vs Championship ADP

• Walleytherobot
    Walleytherobot Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

@TechHog currently running a hisuian decidueye v/vmax deck with urshifu v/max and obstagoon for the counter on flying pikachu and blissey decks. Mostly use decidueye for pulls to get obstagoon for a 1 cost attack to prevent the attacks of flying pikachu.