Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Epilepsy Prevention Proposal

CleverFox2
CleverFox2 Member Posts: 15
Name Dropper 10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

There’s a lot of flashing light and sudden fast moving elements to TCG Live. Such as the green spark when you collect prize cards and the pokémon type effects that accuses in the middle of the play aria when an new active Pokémon enters play, which is probably fine for the average player, but for someone with Epilepsy it could cause them to go into a seizure, or someone like my self who has Irlen Syndrome can get really bad headaches form that sorta stuff.

My proposal is that there be a setting to turn off the green spark, and the entering active pokémon type effects (rushing water ect.) In the middle of the play aria for players who still want to enjoy the game, but can’t because of it.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

I'd say remove the one for prizes altogether. Nobody likes it.

• ScavengeAlpha
    ScavengeAlpha Member Posts: 3
    5 Agrees First Comment

I was kinda assuming it was a leftover effect for like some firework animation they took out, so hopefully it'll be gone soon.

• Chicoz76
    Chicoz76 Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments

What’s even worse is the blinding white screens from every transition. My 13 yr old can’t stand it. Pokémon Go did a similar thing. It’s horrible. Change it devs.

• Mod_haruichii
    Mod_haruichii Member Posts: 31
    5 Likes First Comment First Answer Photogenic

Hi Trainers!

Thank you for reporting this issue. As you all may know this kind of issue is taken very seriously. I'll escalate this to the development team and mark it for review. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any additional information about this issue.

• CleverFox2
    CleverFox2 Member Posts: 15
    Name Dropper 10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

Some of the other flashy things that set off my headaches are the rainbow-ish effect on rarer cards and the constantly moving geometric shapes in the middle of the play aria.