Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

[Post-Update] Mew VMAX Still Not Fixed

Hello, downloaded the latest update, queued into a Mew VMAX player, and after she played Elesa's Sparkle and attached fusion energies, the same desync bug occurred again.

Comments

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #2

Two games in a row now against Mew VMAX, desynced again. No Elesa's Sparkle was even played this time. They attached a fusion energy, played ultra ball, searched out a card, and then de-sync happened.

Definitely not seeing any improvements. Potentially made the issue worse because this is one of the first times I've seen the de-sync before Elesa's Sparkle was ever played.

• PeterCapObvious
    PeterCapObvious Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments

Since it's the combo of Mew Vmax + fusion energy they could temp ban fusion energy

• Mwncisee
    Mwncisee Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Yep been happening a lot to me (6 times over last two days). Really ruining games. Curious if any Mew Vmax players can confirm they get the game win when this happens as I get the game loss? If so its a game breaking exploit for Mew Vmax players as they can just play mew vmax, attach the Fusion strike energy to force the game to bug out and they collect the win no matter if they would have won or not. I get Live doesn't want to punish Mew Vmax players but at the moment they have a very unfair advantage and VMax players do have other options they can play. As said above the Fusion Strike Energy needs to be banned until the fix for it is done.

• dafoxii
    dafoxii Member Posts: 2
    First Comment 5 Likes

So before people go getting upset, I had no idea what was going on regarding this bug…. they can take the ladder points I earned, and I am sorry.

I came to look for the forums because I couldn’t figure out why so many people were “quitting” come to find out they weren’t… sorry to the folks affected by this.

So to be clear, I played a Vmax Mew deck. Fusion strike is what I played online all the time, so I didn’t think much of it. If you are familiar, people would AFK or leave matches all the time there, so I didn’t think much until it became pretty apparent something odd was going on when my opponent was emoting but not doing anything.

From what I can tell, if you attach a fusion strike energy card to mew and then evolve it to mew Vmax, that triggers it.

I read that both players desync that is not the case. So I maintained my connection and waited for the turn timer. I could either kill the only Pokémon, or if they hit the turn timer multiple times, it would grant me the win. It 100% allowed me to get points.

I won’t be playing the deck till fixed, and again sorry for any pain I caused. Happy to have my ladder reset (not very high, though I only play 2-3 games a night)

Hopefully, this gives light on the situation and clears up if both parties get desync.

• MuriloBeraldo
    MuriloBeraldo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

It seems to have just happened to me today. I was about to finish attaching energy on my active Radiant Charizard using Armarouge's skill "Fire Off" and the 'Done" button was not clickable. I tried checking the card to see if I could attack and noticed that I wasn't able to do any actions besides checking cards and discard piles. I'm sending a recording of the in game actions before and after the bug happened.