Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Explain why pokemon tcgo works in asia no problem but pokemon tcg live doesnt.

This is to get answers for everyone getting the 10010 error that wont get answers.

I could easily play PTCGO without issues and no vpn. What changed between the two games that made it so we cannot play? Also that means the global beta is not global. So it would be better if we dont call it global, right? Lastly, if we have a U.S. playstore account and are able to download it, why cant we load the game?

Comments

• Rateiosu
    Rateiosu Member Posts: 13
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic First Answer

TCG Live is still under a Beta flag, therefore game creator may restrict access to some countries using IP locks, which will force you to play using a VPN, even if you have a valid Play! Pokémon account.

Also, Asian territories (SG, MY, PH, HK, ID, JP, KR, etc) are handled by The Pokémon Company Inc (the Japan office), and their accounts (Let's call them PokéCard accounts) cannot be used in TCG Live at the moment.

When the IP lock will released? I don't know.

When will the PokéCard account be used on TCG Live? I don't know.

• Rateiosu
    Rateiosu Member Posts: 13
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic First Answer

TCG Live is still under a Beta flag, therefore game creator may restrict access to some countries using IP locks, which will force you to play using a VPN, even if you have a valid Play! Pokémon account.

Also, Asian territories (SG, MY, PH, HK, ID, JP, KR, etc) are handled by The Pokémon Company Inc (the Japan office), and their accounts (Let's call them PokéCard accounts) cannot be used in TCG Live at the moment.

When the IP lock will released? I don't know.

When will the PokéCard account be used on TCG Live? I don't know.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Rateiosu The answer that last question is a hard "no." If Japan were involved in this they would have hired an experienced dev.