Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

iOS version battery and heat issues

Shuckninja
Shuckninja Member Posts: 3
5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes

I tried out the iOS version today in one 22min game my phone battery dropped 18%. My phone also got very hot. I’m using an iPhone 10, which I don’t think should be too unreasonable for a game of this calibre.

Comments

• KaopuMan
    KaopuMan Member Posts: 1

I meet this problem too. the experience is very bad.

• Mod_haruichii
    Mod_haruichii Member Posts: 31
    5 Likes First Comment First Answer Photogenic

Hi Trainer@SazanKingDoring!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll let the development team know about some of the issues you describe here and they will review this issue. If you have any other feedback related to this issue please share it with us.

• Kafton101
    Kafton101 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

i just played the iOS version for the first time today and there is still a major battery drain issue on iPhone 13

• MicenCheese
    MicenCheese Member Posts: 6
    First Comment 5 Agrees
    edited November 2022 #6

I've been playing the iOS version quite a bit since it just dropped globally. The heat and battery is honestly a REALLY big issue other than some game flaws. I have an iPhone XR and the battery actually goes down even when it's charging.

• Lilysium
    Lilysium Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

I've got the same issue with my new Galaxy Z-Flip.

• MiriKat14
    MiriKat14 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I’ve been playing this in my iPhone 11 Pro and it is using my battery very quickly and making my phone really hot as well.

• Bowarcky
    Bowarcky Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I have been playing on a 14 Pro lose 10% of battery in 10 minutes, as well as dealing with excessive heat. As a developer, this appears to be well beyond “get a higher tier phone”. From the XR to the 14 Pro, we are all experiencing roughly the same drain.

• TinTin527
    TinTin527 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

iPhone 13 Pro Max here. Lost roughly 40% battery and charred my hand to medium rare in two games. Bad that when you consider clash Royale is arguably a lot more complex in terms of animation and pace of gameplay and uses less than 10% of that battery life in the same time. Is there a timeframe on any sort of updates?

• _meatpaste_
    _meatpaste_ Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees

+1 on iPad Air 3, roughly 10% battery drain to play 1 game, TCGO happily worked for hours 1-3% per game