Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Cannot attach energy / Random damage counters

ZenonBerlin
ZenonBerlin Member Posts: 28
10 Comments Photogenic

My 1st turn: I only play Arceus V as the active Pokemon and pass.

Enemy 1st turn: The enemy only has Shadow Rider as an active, attaches an energy to it, and plays Training Court.

My 2nd turn: I evolve my Arceus V to Arceus V-Star and immediately get 10 damage on it. That came from nowhere. Additionaly, after playing Starbirth and choosing Duraludon V and Double-Turbo Energy cards, I was unable to attach the energy that turn, even though I haven't attached any energy in turn 1 or turn 2. I just conceded the game.

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Agrees Name Dropper

If you had 10 damage and couldn't play an energy card, it sounds like the Calyrex did attack you with Shadow Mist, so that part probably isn't a bug.

{P} → Shadow Mist : 10

During your opponent’s next turn, they can’t play any Special Energy or Stadium cards from their hand.

Sounds like the client didn't show you that your opponent had attacked? I don't see why the other player would end their turn if they played the energy and could use the attack after all.

• ZenonBerlin
    ZenonBerlin Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments Photogenic

I agree with you. Or it showed the attack, but I wasn't looking, and there was no damage counters. Sometimes I look away because opponents take very long. But the damage counter only first appeared when I evolved Arceus-VSTAR and I was very surprised to see the damage counter appear, as if the evolving a Pokemon damages it.

Thanks for your comment!