Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Some opinion about pokemon live

morvith
morvith Member Posts: 7
First Comment First Anniversary

Hi everyone!

I just started playing a bit of pokemon live and i notice something that doesnt work/something i dont like; i know that it is only the beta, but maybe saying what is wrong it can help to improve the game.

what doesnt work:

1) every time i play i cannot go to the battle pass, i have to restart the game to go and reedem prizes - i think this is a bug that many people noticed, however better to say one more time.

2) when i play cards like quickball, the game show me only the basic pokemon (so only cards i can take) but the meaning to cast a card somethimes is to know what is in the deck and what is in prizes (i dont know if this is a bug or not, but i think it has to change, because in real life when you cast a quick ball you can see the whole deck, so no reason that in the game you cant see all your cards)

3) some cards are not possibile to take (i saw cards like tropica beach and champion's festival, dunno if even this is a ug or not, if these cards will be not possible to redeem for a choice)

what i dont like:

1) I dont like prizes at the end of a game: i dont think is a great idea to give more or less in relation of during of a game, because a lot of time person quit the game at first turn if they see you have a good hand or they have a bad hand; i think the difference must be if you win or not, as in tcg

2) What i dont like at all is that you win money (that you can spend only for deckbox, sleeves and coins) and you dont win crystals, that's what you need to reedem booster packs... i think it's much much better the opposite, because to take a pack in pokemon live it's too difficult than reedem packs - i know with credits you can take the specific card, but even to open packs is a main charatteristic of this kind of game, then if it's harder to take a deckbox i think is less important. Moreover you can change crystals for money but...not the opposite! At least i think to earn crystal and money must be balanced...

Let me know what do you think about!

Comments

• BruceOakman
    BruceOakman Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Name Dropper

1) Yeah, this is an annoyance. Sort of just resigned to the restart loop for the time being.

2) You actually can - On the left side of the screen (assuming you are playing on PC), you will see a little box that says Valid and Invalid (or something to that effect). If you click on the invalid/show all option, it shows you your entire deck.

3) IIRC, it has been stated that some cards will not be available to craft - Tropical Beach being an example of this. Not a fan of this decision, but as I don't play Expanded, I am less affected than others who do, but I totally sympathise.

4) I'm going to disagree here. I think it is important to reward players for their time investment into playing a match - The rewards for winning should be higher, but to simply get nothing wouldn't feel right. I have my thoughts that the progression isn't "fast" enough in general.

5) I personally find the addition of Coins to be a little clunky in general. I agree that the acquisition rate of Crystals feels slow. I have said for a long time that "buying packs in client, to open" is the worst way to play the game - but I do think that it should be something that you can do at a reasonable rate if you want. I'd like the game to be a little more liberal with crafting credits though. Part of the appeal of Live over PTCGO (at least for me), is the ability to play "Competitive" decks at a whim - I don't have to try and avoid being exploited by the PTCGO Trade market just because I really want to play the most popular card in the set from day one. I do think the economy needs a bit of tweaking, but I will freely admit that my experiences are somewhat limited due to the limited time I can play each day because of work etc.

• morvith
    morvith Member Posts: 7
    First Comment First Anniversary

About the point 4 (the only one u disagree) yep that's true thet is also important how long is the match, but in this way a lot of times when a player see the fisrt hand is not good leave the game...not so funny, but yep, that's an opinion we will see, could be not so bad as i thought...

thanks about the explanation for the point 2

about last point i agree coins are a little bit cluncky in general, but if you want to make a distinction between box/sleeves/coins and packs, i think is not so bad, even because if to have cards to play is the most important thing, to have particular deckboxes and sleeves and coins is more "fancy", as to have sr cards (but the difference between to take a regular art and sr art is correct with difference cost of the card in credits). but since is more important to have cards i think as i said it's more correct to give crystals than coins

about tropical beach and similar (champion's festival and dont know whatelse) i think since you cant do trade to give the possibility to take every cards on the game...but if none could have tropical (passing from the previous game) it will be quite fair (as you said not a fan of this decision, but it doesnt make a difference between players so ok i can accept) but dont understand why you can see the card on the game without the possibility to have in your collection....