Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Matchmaking time and devices heating issue

Maeshima
Maeshima Member Posts: 2
First Comment

The matching time is really bad and the app drains battery like we are drinking cold beer on a hot sunny day.. I tried with different devices. my Samsung S20 5G, ipad 6th gen and my M1 Macbook Air.

The temperatures are a horrible as well that I dont feel comfortable playing on the phone( im scared that my phone might blew up to pieces if the heat issues kept on going)

Thank you,

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

There's a server-side matchmaking bug that the devs can't find a permanent resolution to. The only hope is that a full release can brute force it away, unless the devs just bite the bullet and reboot the servers every 4-5 days. Since we're not getting maintenance this week due to the devs not wanting to ever do more than one thing per week, this will stay and will keep getting worse for at least the next week. That combined with people dropping daily play due to finishing the battle pass means the game will likely be unplayable by Monday. All you can do is, if it takes more than 90 seconds, force close the whole app and try again.

• Maeshima
    Maeshima Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Yeah I got what you mean. Its kinda a shame that the prev application is much better in performance terms than the one replacing LOL