Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

BUG: Ting-Lu ex still not fully functional

Options

Unless I'm missing something, Ting-Lu ex is still not fully functional even after today's patch. I had Ting-Lu ex in my active spot with no way of my opponent turning off its ability. My opponent attached Forest Seal Stone to a benched Pokemon V that had damage counters on it and was still able to use the Ability that Forest Seal Stone provides even though Ting-Lu ex should have prevented it from doing so.

They either played a Canceling Cologne without me noticing (which I am 99% sure they did not) or Ting-Lu ex still isn't fully fixed.

Comments

• LightYearLiam
    LightYearLiam Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I know it's confusing, but that's actually the way it's supposed to work. Abilities from Pokemon Tools effectively cannot be turned off due to the fact that all Pokemon who turn off Abilities have the phrasing along the lines of "such-and-such Pokemon have no Abilities". Technically, a Pokemon tool Ability isn't something a Pokemon HAS, just something it can use.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

To be a bit more specific, it's because the text of the tool says that the Pokémon can use the Ability. If the stones said that it has the Ability it would be affected, but with the current wording only the tool itself actually has the Ability, and the Tool can't be affected by Ting-Lu ex because it's not a Pokémon and you can't place damage counters on it.