Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Wait time bug and exploit

The turn timer ended on vmazzaferro's turn, and yet their turn didn't end, thus I have been waiting now on this screen for 12 minutes, looking at another 12 minute wait for the game to end... Clearly this is an exploit of a bug. I'm not sure exactly what happened, though it seems that it's just archeops' ability, if you select one special energy but not a second, then your turn never ends

Comments

• GinJ5
    GinJ5 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

same thing keeps happening to me and i don’t think it’s their (your opponents) fault. i was playing yesterday with my friend and he did finish his turn but same issue happened, it’s an bug on our end where the game just stops working forcing us to take a loss.

• CoDi
    CoDi Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

It happens to me every 3 or 4 games. Its always a loss.

VERY FRUSTRATING

• VoyageCaptain
    VoyageCaptain Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Name Dropper

Can we ban Archeops? There's clearly something going on here:

How does the game not end when the clock goes to zero? Suggestion to the devs: if we get in this bug state, the game should at least end as a draw.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

It wouldn't end in a draw because you lost the match. This bug happening isn't a timer bug or exploit; it's a disconnect. You were silently disconnected from the server and the game couldn't fix it, so your opponent won after 3 of your turns passed with no actions while you were stuck.

• VoyageCaptain
    VoyageCaptain Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Name Dropper

You think it was a silent disconnect? Interesting. I checked at the time and my internet wasn't down. Plus, the UI never showed any error messages or gave any indication that something went wrong. It didn't even attempt to reconnect to the server. Just to be sure, I left the game running overnight, and when I checked about 16 hours later, it was still stuck on the same screen without any error messages or indication of a problem.

If it did silently disconnect, that's a bad bug from a user experience perspective. Looking through the forums I'm not the only one who waited over 15 minutes due to this with no feedback or any messaging from the UI. Most clients will eventually timeout or manually disconnect and return to the main screen. Oh, and it might be worth mentioning, if it was a loss (like in the scenario you described), I noticed that I didn't lose any points.

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 319 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hello, I recommend opening a ticket with the support team. You can do so by visiting https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us" Thanks!

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

This has been going on for a long time. It's definitely a desync issue and not related to any card or combination thereof.