Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Are the avatar reactions really necessary?

Options

I’ve hated the avatar reactions since they first started out as just emojis from PTCGO. The only thing that people use them for are to be jerks: gives thumbs up in a mocking manner when they are winning; gives thumbs up or a smile when they think someone is taking too long for their turn; gives an angry/frustrated face to give their opponent the impression that they don’t have the win, and then right afterwards they pull the cards they need right out of their hand to win the game.

these reactions literally are only used to mock peoples opponents, and it honestly makes it not fun to play when you also don’t have the ability to mute the opponents reactions. Why do we have them in the first place? What value do they actually bring other than a good laugh for people making fun of their opponents? Are these interactions really that necessary? If they are, CREATE A FUNCTION TO LET SOME OF US MUTE ALL FROM OUR OPPONENTS. Let’s stop all this toxic gameplay. In person at leagues or tournaments you wouldn’t openly mock your opponent. So why do we give that same ability to the keyboard warriors?

Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• n00bl00d
    n00bl00d Member Posts: 43
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I give thumbs up when I'm about to deliver a final blow to thank my opponent and say good game. Some nice people give thumbs up as well, and some people simply concede after the thumbs up.

• OU7C4ST
    OU7C4ST Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

The avatar emoting is quite obnoxious, I agree.

I actually recorded somebody last night who was emote-spamming me for almost 10 minutes straight with a game move made in-between timer checks lol.. It was something else.

Personally I would much rather have the canned chat back.

Regardless, alot of this BM'ing could be remedied by a simple addition of a cooldown mechanic after a user emotes by 30 seconds or so.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I get the impression that the person who made the animations didn't really want to do it.

• Catalyst9546874
    Catalyst9546874 Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

As you say, a simple mute ability would go a long way if you feel you are being BMd or spammed. At this point, that would be a small quality of life improvement over all the major problems the game has, and is probably way down on the priority list. 😐️

• Catalyst9546874
    Catalyst9546874 Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

As you say, a simple mute ability would go a long way if you feel you are being BMd or spammed. At this point, that would be a small quality of life improvement over all the major problems the game has, and is probably way down on the priority list. 😐️