Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Regarding Recent Card Bans & Upcoming Hotfixes - 6/16/23

TPCi_CursedSoup
TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 275 admin
25 Agrees Second Anniversary 250 Likes 25 LOLs

Hello,

We want to share some important updates regarding our game that will impact your gameplay experience this weekend and in the upcoming weeks.

The removal of Spiritomb(PAL #089) and Penny(SVI #183, #239, #252) from the game resulted in a cascade of other reported issues with similar interactions. This helped us identify more of these cards, and we have decided that with the significant disruption to the overall game, we should temporarily ban cards more likely to be used in the standard format. We understand that this decision will disappoint those who utilize these cards, but it is a necessary step to uphold the integrity of the game.

The team is working on a hotfix planned to release next week. This upcoming update addresses bugs with Gardevoir ex(SVI #86, #228, #245)'s Psychic Embrace Ability and interactions with the Temple of Sinnoh(ASR #155, #214) Stadium card and Reversal Energy(PAL #192). However, this hotfix may only resolve some reported issues that we've received recently.

With that in mind, the team is actively developing an extra hotfix specifically aimed at resolving the issues responsible for temporarily removing many cards from the game. This update is a priority that we're working to get out as soon as possible. We'll provide more details here on the timing once we've verified a fix and plan to implement it.

Thank you to the community for your patience while this gets resolved.

Comments

• Sivta_Tres
    Sivta_Tres Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary

Wait, what is this, some actual community management? Somebody decided to do their job?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited June 2023 #3

Wow, actual transparency and communication! Very happy to see this. Please make it a trend.

That said, please stop ignoring Expanded! You need to ban Scoop-Up Net and Acerola too.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Thanks for the feedback Admin.

• AzrealVI
    AzrealVI Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

What was the issue? Outside controlling the massively overpowered basic Pokémon that dominate the format? Without those cards we are forced to play the same boring games over and over.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Maybe try looking around the forum a bit before whining? The PTCGL devs have no control over the format. If a card is banned it's because it has an exploitable bug. In this case, those cards are involved in an easily abused glitch that allows auto-wins. So, if they just left everything alone you'd simply only see those cards since everyone would be using them to cheat.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

As stated, the changes help with the Standard Format, but the issue remains in the Expanded beta Format. I just tested this out with Weezing & Net and the game appeared to lockup for my opponents. (My apologies to my 2 opponents. I was looking to test out the situation, rather than exploit a glitch.)

• aura_master8
    aura_master8 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Gardevoir ex is currently unplayable, in the past 3 days I've encountered this glitch 4 times where I can't attach either to certain Pokemon or anything in general and my only option is to concede.

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 317 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hello, I recommend opening a ticket with the support team. You can do so by visiting https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us" Thanks!